Hiring an Immigration attorney for legal representation for yourself, a family member, or a friend for a United States Immigration matter is sometimes very difficult. Under the best of circumstances, money is available to retain the Immigration lawyer for the agreed upon amount and the issue of ability to pay is not an issue. At Hilf & Hilf, PLC we accept many forms of payment including check, cashiers check, money order, cash, credit card, money transfers, and wire transfers.
The attorney fee charged varies between Immigration lawyers, and usually the amount to retain the Immigration lawyer contemplates the complexity of the matter, the time commitment involved, the inability of the lawyer to handle other matters due to the time commitment, and the reputation and experience of who you hire. Often, the cheapest lawyer is not the best lawyer. That being said, there are several payment options which may make experienced US Immigration legal representation by Hilf & Hilf, PLC more affordable than you think:
1. Payment plans are sometimes available with a sufficient down payment;
2. Multiple Credit card payments are sometimes a solution;
3. In some instances, an individual may be able to obtain a loan from a bank, financial institution, or church to provide payment;
4. In many cases a help comes from a family member or friend who is willing to step forward to help. Many persons let their pride come in the way of asking a parent, uncle, aunt, grandparent, child, or other relative for help – to not ask for help is likely to be the worst and most damaging possible decision that you could make.
5. Often an agreement is reached on occasion with the employer of a Defendant to pay attorney fees, and deduct the cost from the Defendant’s paycheck over time;
6. A tax refund is often used to hire an Immigration lawyer, when applicable;
7. There are instances when a person has a pending lawsuit settlement which he or she will receive in the near future. In some instances an agreement is reached between a person and a criminal defense attorney to put an attorney lien on a portion of the anticipated settlement to cover the retainer fee of the Immigration attorney.
8. Leaving collateral for the attorney to ensure payment, such as a car note or property, is a last resort option which may or may not be available depending upon the circumstances.
In any circumstance in which you, a friend, or family member has Immigration issues, you should always take the time to discuss the situation with an experienced Immigration lawyer to see if a retainer agreement can be reached. The failure to retain an experienced Immigration lawyer may turn out to be your greatest regret, and may carry a greater personal cost to you and your family down the road.
Hiring the right Immigration lawyer may be one of the most important decisions you make for yourself and your family. There are many lawyers who claim to do more than what they are able – just as there are many surgeons in the world that are no better than butchers. Do not settle for a legal hack job. Practicing law is a skill that develops over time with experience, commitment, dedication, and God given talent. There are no amateur attorneys at Hilf & Hilf, PLC – only professionals that are guided by the humanity in the individuals we serve, and the drive not to settle for what is easy over what is right.